Articles on the responsibility of States for internationally wrongful acts
Certainly! Here are a few articles that discuss the responsibility of states for internationally wrongful acts:
- Article 2 of the United Nations International Law Commission’s (ILC) Articles on State Responsibility (ASR): This article establishes the principle that a state is internationally responsible for its wrongful acts that breach its international obligations.
- Article 3 of the ASR: This article defines the concept of an internationally wrongful act as a breach of an international obligation attributable to a state and entails the violation of a rule of international law.
- Article 4 of the ASR: This article deals with the elements required for an internationally wrongful act, including the existence of an obligation under international law, a breach of that obligation, and attribution of the act to the state.
- Article 12 of the ASR: This article focuses on the circumstances that preclude the wrongfulness of an act, such as consent, self-defense, force majeure, and necessity.
- Article 14 of the ASR: This article discusses the attribution of conduct to a state, including acts of its organs, agents, or entities exercising governmental authority.
- Article 48 of the ASR: This article covers the consequences of internationally wrongful acts, including cessation, assurances, guarantees of non-repetition, and reparation.
- Article 51 of the United Nations Charter: This article recognizes the inherent right of self-defense, including individual and collective self-defense, in the case of armed attacks.
These articles provide a foundation for understanding the responsibility of states for internationally wrongful acts and the legal framework governing state responsibility. It’s important to consult the complete text of the ASR for a comprehensive understanding of the topic.Tags: articles on responsibility for internationally wrongful acts, articles on state responsibility, department of international relations, international law, international lawyers day in the life, international responsibility of states, introduction to state responsibility, state responsibility, state responsibility definition, state responsibility international law, state responsibility under international law, what is the definition of state responsibility